This 20-minute Summer season Hen Parmesan has that basic scrumptious crispy coating however as a substitute of smothering it in purple sauce it’s topped along with your favourite summer season veggies and ribbons of recent basil.
Hey associates! Melanie right here once more from Garnish & Glaze. I like an excellent basic recipe however typically it enjoyable to place a twist on them like I did with this scrumptious Summer season Hen Parmesan. Don’t fear, it nonetheless has that very same nice crispy coating however loaded up with a number of recent veggies giving the meal extra shade and texture.
How do you Make Summer season Hen Parmesan?
Step one is to get every little thing arrange for breading the hen. You’ll want three shallow bowls- one for the flour, egg, and bread crumbs/Parmesan. Every thinly sliced hen breast then will get dredged within the flour, the egg, after which coated within the Panko/bread crumbs. I wish to all the time use Panko bread crumbs versus conventional as a result of it lends to a crispier texture.
As soon as the hen is coated you’ll prepare dinner it for two minutes on both sides till it’s golden brown. You’ll place them on a baking sheet, high them with cheese and pop them within the oven so the cheese can soften.
Earlier than throwing the skillet within the sink you’ll toss within the zucchini, summer season squash, and tomatoes with a bit of garlic and prepare dinner them till they’re crisp tender. Throw the veggies excessive, sprinkle on some recent basil and luxuriate in!
This meal comes collectively so shortly (simply twenty minutes!) making it an ideal weeknight meal for these heat spring and summer season days. Serve it with a facet salad, garlic bread, and even some butter noodles to make it a whole meal.
Extra nice hen recipes from Garnish & Glaze:
One Skillet Hen & Broccoli
Baked Hen Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
Summer season Hen Parmesan
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 massive egg overwhelmed
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 2 eight ounce hen breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- four teaspoons olive oil, divided
- four ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1½ cups zucchini (about 1), quartered
- 1 cup summer season squash (about 1), quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons recent basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil and spray a baking sheet with oil.
- In a shallow bowl mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Place flour in one other shallow bowl and the overwhelmed egg in one other. Season each side of hen breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge the hen in flour, egg, after which bread crumbs.
- Warmth three teaspoons oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add breaded hen (it’s possible you’ll have to work in batches in the event you pan is not sufficiently big). Prepare dinner on both sides for about 2 minutes till golden. Transfer hen to baking sheet, high with mozzarella cheese and place within the oven for 1 minute till cheese melts.
- In the identical skillet used for the hen, add 1 teaspoon oil. Add the zucchini and squash and prepare dinner for a minute. Add the tomatoes and garlic and prepare dinner one other three minutes or till greens are crisp tender. Serve over the hen and sprinkle with recent basil.