Strawberry Pound Cake. Tender and juicy strawberries are baked proper into this lighter Pound cake made with NO BUTTER and utilizing greek yogurt as an alternative! Topped with a drizzle of cream cheese glaze.
Hey everybody! Serene from Home of Yumm again with you in the present day to share this pleasant Strawberry Pound Cake.
Are you able to Make a Pound Cake With out Butter?
Sure you may! Historically a pound cake it named this as a result of it’s made with a pound of 4 substances: flour, butter, sugar and eggs.
This pound cake is made with out the BUTTER although! Making it considerably lighter. As an alternative we’re going to make use of greek yogurt and a bit little bit of oil to maintain the bread tender and moist.
How Do You Add Fruit to Pound Cake?
Including fruit to pound cake is very easy! We’re including strawberries to this specific pound cake. To have the strawberry pound cake nonetheless prove it is advisable to be sure you’re chopping the strawberries up. Not too small, however not too massive both. I discover that chopping the strawberries into 8ths is often an ideal dimension.
We additionally solely wish to use a cup of berries. Including too many berries to this specific recipe will end result within the pound cake not with the ability to maintain itself collectively because of the quantity of berries.
A small sprinkling of flour on the berries earlier than including them to the batter helps to maintain the berries from sinking whereas baking. This ensures that that there shall be berries all through the cake.
In the event you’re actually into fruit pound truffles, I even have this Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake that’s amazingly flavorful as nicely. You too can add lemon to this bread to create a Strawberry Lemon Pound Cake.
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ cup all goal flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Three massive eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- ½ tablespoon all goal flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Spray loaf pan (mine is 9×5) with baking spray and put aside.
- In massive bowl combine collectively the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk collectively to mix.
- In one other medium bowl beat the eggs, add within the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, stir till mixed.
- Pour the moist substances into the dry and stir gently to combine.
- Toss the strawberries with the ½ tablespoon of flour. As soon as batter is usually blended, gently fold within the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Utilizing the again of the spoon evenly unfold the batter.
- Bake for roughly 60 minutes. High shall be browned and a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clear as soon as finished. Permit to chill in pan for about 10 minutes then flip the pan the other way up to take away the bread from the pan. Transfer loaf to wire rack to proceed cooling.
- Whereas bread is cooling you may put together the glaze. In small bowl beat the cream cheese till easy and creamy. Add within the powdered sugar and milk. Stir to mix. Needs to be a easy consistency. Add extra sugar or milk to succeed in desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread.
- Serve instantly or retailer bread in sealed container. I wrap mine in foil. Retailer at room temperature for Three-Four days.